SegaSonic Station/SVT Comics > Arcade Zone

Sonic History

<< < (2/2)

Jon Echidna:
For me, it started one day when I was over at my Aunt's house. My older cousin's had a Sega Genesis w/ Sonic 2 and was letting me play, showing me how the game worked. I absolutely loved everything about it, but that may have been because I still owned an NES and my family hadn't purchased any of the new consoles (In fact, I had that NES until 97 when I got a PSX and FF7). However, that's not what made me a Sonic fanatic, simply a fan; It wasn't until I was walking through a Walgreens with my folks that it caught my eye: The Sonic the Hedgehog comic. The cover, the art, everything about it made me surge with pure joy. Suddenly Sonic had depth, an attitude, and witty dialogue (well, witty for a 7 year old) and the universe first shown to me through the SatAM had expanded. Since then I've been a true blue fan of the fastest thing alive.

grox:
My history with sonic began with Archie Comics Sonic the Hedgehog, Issue #0(I keep hearing rumors that there are actually 4 different Issue #0's, I don't if it is true.). It then went from that to the SATAM series, I was able to catch some episodes of AOSTH during the week days, but, I had caught most if not all of the episodes of SATAM including the ending episode off of the USA Cartoon Train, while it was still airing. After the cancellation of SATAM, I continued searching for AOSTH, to no avail. Years later, I had began watching Sonic X IMO it's the craptacular spectacle that you would expect, diverging from the essential Sonic the Hedgehog, driving home how it wanted to capture the essence of the Sonic the Hedgehog gaming universe. I watched it till it's, I believe it's second season ending, before they began the Universe spanning hunt for the Chaos Emeralds, Planet eggs, and the introduction of the races known as Seedrians and Metarex. They completely screwed over the 'Villain' portion of Robotnik AKA 'Eggman' as he was called in the Sonic X series. I continue to this day, collecting the Sonic the Hedghog Archie Comics. I would like to one day get my hands on the Sonic the Comic, the UK's version of the Sonic the Hedgehog comic. It has an entirely different story line than the Archie Comics one here in the United States. I'm also facinated by the entire process(that they almost completely retconned) known as Roboticization, which was introduced early on in the Archie Comics series.

Any who, I'm hoping that any one of you has questions that might need answering, concerning the recent issues of Sonic the Hedgehog, I have all of the recent issues from issue 127, all the way to the most recent issue, give or take an issue. Any who, keep frosty people, Keep an eye out for those Dark Egg Legionares, Try not to get captured, and Legionized. TTFN, Ta Ta For Now!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version