SonicVerse Team

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Gale Fox's Crackheaded SonicVerse Team Revival Plan!  (Read 13770 times)

Tailsthehedgehog

• Fan
Re: Gale Fox's Crackheaded SonicVerse Team Revival Plan!
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2010, 08:54:22 AM »

Problem being SonicVerseTeam is not all about comics *sulks for all fanfic writers like herself* but yes, you are right. That is the caption at the introduction for the site (have I ever mentioned how cool that picture of the hedgehog with the leather jacket looks? I'm mentioning it now.).

Gale Fox

• Regular
  • That generic guy who does nothing.
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2010, 11:59:10 AM »

Yes, that picture of Sonic is epic, assuming that is Sonic.

-GFQ

Yeah, stack of userbars.

grox

• Irregular/SVTer
  • Quick Robin, to the RP Mobile!
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2010, 03:01:10 PM »

Last I ever knew, that was Sonic. now, A slogan, a slogan, where oh where will we find a slogan.

AH HA!

....no wait, lost it. dang.

Sonic Verse Team,
The Sonic site supreme.
Where everyone is welcome,
to the place where we have the whole Sonic fan Spectrum.
So come on in and take a seat,
We hope you'll find this place pretty freakin sweet.

There's a slogan for you. I hope it's to everyone's liking.

Gale Fox

• Regular
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2010, 05:09:33 PM »

Grox, you're jus' flaunting your 83 posts >.<

But it's good enough. Freakin' works. Maybe we'll just wait till we're active again and hold a Slogan contest/lottery.

Yeah, stack of userbars.

Zonic Mirage

• Admin
  • ズイ ₍₍(ง˘ω˘)ว⁾⁾ ズイ
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2010, 05:34:03 PM »

Problem being SonicVerseTeam is not all about comics

WAY back in the day, that was not the case.

Anyway, SVT has a sister site, SegaSonic Station, which is a general Sonic site (it's why there's Comics Zone, Fan Fiction Zone, etc. boards, which are section names on SSS). I have been thinking perhaps transferring the art and fan fiction sections to SSS, and then SVT can specialize in comics. Fan fiction writers and artists can then collaborate on a comic project there, then submit it to SVT. This forum would be the community hub for both sites, along with other projects that The Irregulars (the name of our group) have.

As for slogans, I'm still going to use "Because this time... we got 'em!" for the site itself ('cause it was the original slogan) and "The thrill of adventure awaits you" for the forum, as the official ones. I'm not opposed to a secondary slogan though.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 05:48:29 PM by SA Tails »

Gale Fox

• Regular
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2010, 07:38:12 PM »

Let me see. In that case, in case of moving Art/Fanfics to S3, I'd personally prefer for the two sites to be in a parallel layout or something. Or have a Joint Fanfiction/Art Database linked from both sites.

Yeah, stack of userbars.

Zonic Mirage

• Admin
  • ズイ ₍₍(ง˘ω˘)ว⁾⁾ ズイ
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2010, 10:45:48 PM »

I'm thinking that the art/fan fiction would be shared. It would be linked on SVT through its menu and SSS would link back to SVT.

Gale Fox

• Regular
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2010, 11:12:46 PM »

I'm thinking that the art/fan fiction would be shared. It would be linked on SVT through its menu and SSS would link back to SVT.

That's what I was sayin'. Kinda.

Yeah, stack of userbars.

Tailsthehedgehog

• Fan
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2010, 11:49:30 PM »

Good plans, we just need to re-populate the site. I figure just by staying here, chatting amiably and keeping up a bubbling community spirit we'll soon attract plenty of users. I don't know about comics, but I know that already in the fanfic section, where I do most of my dabbling, that there have been a few updates to the story bank and new recruits ^.^

Zonic Mirage

• Admin
  • ズイ ₍₍(ง˘ω˘)ว⁾⁾ ズイ
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2010, 02:23:27 AM »

That's what I was sayin'. Kinda.

Ah, I've been trying to build something like that in the first place, but it hasn't gone that great. The problem is that both sites use frames for layout. I need to use some automation to make each site more user friendly and organized.

Gale Fox

• Regular
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2010, 11:29:56 AM »

Wasn't finding a better Fanfiction System a goal of yours, SA Tails? Well, unfortunately, as I've found it, eFiction is the best out there. As for finding a replacement for Coppermine, I'll run a quick Google check.

Yeah, stack of userbars.

SVT number 1 fan

• Irregular/SVTer
  • Champion Writer/Artist hoping to make a Harry P. =
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2010, 01:43:50 PM »

I'm busy myself today trying to help the site and stay awake, My sister (Who's known here a SVT number 2 fan) just turned 12 today and I had to help decorate myself late last night because my mom is sick and my dad was stuck at work. I'm not sure how to find fanfiction servers because I haven't been able to figure out about making websites. But one thing I know is that maybe a good way to get info on how to manage a fanfiction area is to find a site with such info. My sister is on fanfiction.net as Twilight Chiu, so maybe I could ask her about how a fanfiction site is best supported. (If she'll let me, cause 90% of the time she just hits me for no reason.)

Twilight and Darklight: opposing but equal opposites can always work together if you have the power to make it happen.

SVT number 1 fan

• Irregular/SVTer
  • Champion Writer/Artist hoping to make a Harry P. =
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2010, 02:48:53 PM »

I just find the journal post about art copyrights on Deviant Art (it also has something to do with getting money from art), it was posted by StatX015, and for those here who have a deviant art account I think you should read this.

http://statx015.deviantart.com/
Twilight and Darklight: opposing but equal opposites can always work together if you have the power to make it happen.

Zonic Mirage

• Admin
  • ズイ ₍₍(ง˘ω˘)ว⁾⁾ ズイ
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2010, 09:00:56 PM »

Wasn't finding a better Fanfiction System a goal of yours, SA Tails? Well, unfortunately, as I've found it, eFiction is the best out there. As for finding a replacement for Coppermine, I'll run a quick Google check.

The eFiction is really quite broken from the backend of the system, though it's good that it isn't that obvious to the general public. It would be nice to get rid of it, honestly. If it really is the best out there, I think I just died a little inside... Anyway, I'll ask Solar T to reinstall it, once the .com domain is resolved, as it would need to be anyway.

As for the Coppermine gallery... I just want to get rid of it.

Gale Fox

• Regular
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2010, 01:43:18 PM »

I'm busy myself today trying to help the site and stay awake, My sister (Who's known here a SVT number 2 fan) just turned 12 today and I had to help decorate myself late last night because my mom is sick and my dad was stuck at work. I'm not sure how to find fanfiction servers because I haven't been able to figure out about making websites. But one thing I know is that maybe a good way to get info on how to manage a fanfiction area is to find a site with such info. My sister is on fanfiction.net as Twilight Chiu, so maybe I could ask her about how a fanfiction site is best supported. (If she'll let me, cause 90% of the time she just hits me for no reason.)

My SVT senses were tingling somewhere on Fanfiction >.>

Anyways... No use trying to find FanFiction.Net/FictionPress.Com's software; It's a copyrighted archival system. And yeah, let's get Solar T to reinstall eFiction... If I have all of my stories saved. *Walks off to check his documents folder*

Yeah, stack of userbars.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up