SonicVerse Team

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: What would you do if you were part of the Sonic Team Company?  (Read 11397 times)

SVT number 1 fan

• Irregular/SVTer
  • Champion Writer/Artist hoping to make a Harry P. =
What would you do if you were part of the Sonic Team Company?
« on: September 03, 2012, 07:19:44 PM »

I'd thought I'd put this up to see how a Sonic fan would do work at the Sonic Team company if they were to be hired. In my case, I'd give the fans the games they've been asking for like Sonic Adventure 3.
Twilight and Darklight: opposing but equal opposites can always work together if you have the power to make it happen.

Zonic Mirage

• Admin
  • ズイ ₍₍(ง˘ω˘)ว⁾⁾ ズイ
Re: What would you do if you were part of the Sonic Team Company?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 07:30:31 PM »

I'd make a game where all the good parts about Sonic were incorporated into the not so great and tweak them to make them good. Camera, characters, story and gameplay would be so that it'd actually attract people who don't like the games currently could get into it.

SVT number 1 fan

• Irregular/SVTer
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 08:18:19 PM »

I'd also make an anniversary edition of Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 using the advancements in digital media technology. Plus I'd also remake Sonic 06 with all the features that were cut out due to rushing and improve on the game in general so that it would be preferable to a majority of the fanbase.
Twilight and Darklight: opposing but equal opposites can always work together if you have the power to make it happen.

Zonic Mirage

• Admin
  • ズイ ₍₍(ง˘ω˘)ว⁾⁾ ズイ
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 08:52:27 PM »

Improving Sonic 2006 would mean making it a different game. There's just that much wrong with it... :P

TheMobian

• Regular
  • Fritzy :)
    • My Youtube
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 09:12:36 PM »

I wouldn't be so sure. Both Silver's and Shadow's stories where actually really good. Sonic's entire plot would need to be rewritten, but most of the gameplay could be tweeked into making it enjoyable.

Zonic Mirage

• Admin
  • ズイ ₍₍(ง˘ω˘)ว⁾⁾ ズイ
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 10:52:23 PM »

The coding itself likely needs a complete and thorough (as in taking more time than they did the first time around) rewrite. Loading anything ended up rebuilding environments, for example. Stories need a rewrite, new voice dubbing; it just flat needs general QA so glitches that the game is notorious for wouldn't spawn in the redo.

... The whole awkward human love interest plot line needs to be completely removed, too.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 10:57:37 PM by SA Tails »

SVT number 1 fan

• Irregular/SVTer
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 10:56:09 PM »

That's what I meant in general, in Sonic's story it seems that Sonic doesn't really have some sort of supernatural enemy until the final story where he, Shadow and Silver face Solaris. I think Elise shouldn't have really had such a big role in a min series game since it was the only game she was in. And the loading times would probably be shortened if it was used on a system with better processing. (I even hear rumors from GameStop store staff that the Wii U surpasses all of the current consoles in processing power.)

Zonic Mirage

• Admin
  • ズイ ₍₍(ง˘ω˘)ว⁾⁾ ズイ
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2012, 11:00:14 PM »

Actually, Sonic 2006 was so badly coded that the game would force the console to completely delete the data of an environment, like the hub world, and cause it all to be reloaded into memory.

But yeah, I'd like to see a redo of Sonic 2006 that's more stable and actually complete.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 11:10:12 PM by SA Tails »

TheMobian

• Regular
    • My Youtube
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2012, 06:37:26 PM »

I think that SEGA needs to do a Smash Bro's style game in the form of a "Sonic Fighters 2".

Also, Has anyone else heard the rumors that SEGAand Capcom are making a crossover game?I know the comics are having a massive crossover, but the games? That would be AWESOME!

grox

• Irregular/SVTer
  • Quick Robin, to the RP Mobile!
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2012, 06:29:42 PM »

I agree with Mobi, that would be freaking epic, in fact, since you have told me that rumor, I shall go look it up now. Thank you for broadening my knowledge of the Sonic Verse, Mobi.

TheMobian

• Regular
    • My Youtube
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2012, 01:26:10 PM »

My pleasure. I just hope I haven't set your hopes up to high on what is currently just a rumor.

SVT number 1 fan

• Irregular/SVTer
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2012, 01:54:41 PM »

We have seen Marvel vs Capcom games, and I hear there will be some new non Nintendo characters for the 4th Smash Bros. game. So that is a possibility.

TheMobian

• Regular
    • My Youtube
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2012, 06:16:15 PM »

We have seen Marvel vs Capcom games, and I hear there will be some new non Nintendo characters for the 4th Smash Bros. game. So that is a possibility.
I heard that too. Something about Klonoa being in the new SB game, which I would totally love by the way.

SVT number 1 fan

• Irregular/SVTer
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2012, 06:50:00 PM »

I haven't heard anything about SSB4 yet, I can't find any info anywhere.

Got a Link anyone?

TheMobian

• Regular
    • My Youtube
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2012, 06:00:50 PM »

I haven't heard anything about SSB4 yet, I can't find any info anywhere.

Got a Link anyone?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Smash_Bros._(Wii_U/3DS) The director said they are biginning work on the new smash bros game as soon as Kid Icarus: Uprising is completed. So I'm guessing its in the works now.
It also looks like NamcoBandai will be helping out a lot on the next game, again, fuling my hopes for my favorite dream traveler Klonoa, to be in the game ;D
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up