SonicVerse Team

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Character Creation Help  (Read 12177 times)

SVT number 1 fan

• Irregular/SVTer
  • Champion Writer/Artist hoping to make a Harry P. =
Re: Character Creation Help
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2011, 03:34:10 PM »

Oh, one more things, some of the creatures that the heroes will face are monstrous personifications of the good elements.

Normally I would create them, but I want to see your ideas, and feel free to make them chimeric hybrids of certain monsters/species.
Twilight and Darklight: opposing but equal opposites can always work together if you have the power to make it happen.

grox

• Irregular/SVTer
  • Quick Robin, to the RP Mobile!
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2011, 06:34:48 AM »

tee hee hee, you shouldn't of said that, Now I get to play real well. 18 good elements, means, I could come up with...a lot of different combinations, expect to see something within the next 4-5 days from me, I have research to do.

SVT number 1 fan

• Irregular/SVTer
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2011, 09:42:29 AM »

Okay, just remember the elements aren't going to be mixed with each other.
Twilight and Darklight: opposing but equal opposites can always work together if you have the power to make it happen.

grox

• Irregular/SVTer
  • Quick Robin, to the RP Mobile!
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2011, 03:36:33 AM »

aaaaahhhhhh, your no fun.

SVT number 1 fan

• Irregular/SVTer
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2011, 06:37:06 AM »

I've done some revising with the elements, now each side has the same number.

Good:

Twilight (Master)
Fire
Earth
Air
Water
Holy
Ice
Shadow
Wood
Lightning
Steel
Heart
Gravity
Magic

Evil:

Dusk (Master)
Undead
Beast
Radiation
Sound
Energy
Time
Void
Aura
Poison
Space
Blood
Illusions
Nothingness

I took away the ones I believed were nonsense, so if anyone can think of every possible power tied to that element let me know.

An example I can give is that someone with the wind element will be very fast.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 09:56:57 AM by SVT number 1 fan »

SVT number 1 fan

• Irregular/SVTer
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2011, 07:05:43 PM »

I thought I should give a few examples for each element to base other abilities on if anyone here knows any more of them. Twilight & Wicked don't count because they include all of their elemental branch's abilities.

:Good:

Fire: Cannot feel heat, cannot be burned, can breath fire, throw fireballs, can increase temperature.
Earth: Can create earthquakes, not effected by pressure, raise or lower terrain, can sense movement underground.
Air: Move faster than sound, fly, can't be affected by high winds, can breathe easily in thick air, manipulate wind flow.
Water: Breathe underwater, not effected by water pressure, control bodies of water.
Holy: Heal wounds, pierce darkness, light a dark area temporarily, relax against stress.
Ice: Can't become cold, can't be frozen, can breathe freezing mist, freeze objects, can decrease temperature.
Shadow: Shroud light, darken a bright area temporarily, can see in the dark, hide in shadow and travel between shadows.
Wood: Make plants grow, revive dead plants, control plants.
Lightning: Can ride an electric current, move quickly (in one direction), control electricity, can't be electrocuted.
Steel: Skin stronger than armor, manipulate steel, reflect attacks.
Heart: Manipulate someone's emotions, use emotions to attack.
Gravity: Move objects with a motion of the hand, increase gravity pressure, decrease gravity pressure.
Magic: Defy Law of Physics, create things out of thin air, mimic other elements with magical power instead of their normal power.

:Evil:

Undead: Control of lava, creating zombies (kill-able), control ghosts, absorb ghosts, revive dead (once, use once over 6-months)
Beast: Control beasts, turn into a beast-state, increase adrenaline.
Radiation: Make a creature mutate, cause a disease, atomic blasts.
Sound: Unleash a sonic wave, mute sound, amplify sound, echo effect.
Energy: Increase another person's energy, massive explosions, energy drain.
Time: Slow down time, speed up time, see an after image of an attack three seconds before it happens, stop time temporarily.
Void: Drain life energy (doesn't work on astral beings), open rifts between dimensions, erase minor beings.
Aura: Sense opponent's strength, use aura energy, psychic power, see a person's power &/or abilities.
Poison: Weaken an enemy with poison, melt inorganic matter, immune to disease.
Space: Open portals to travel through, warp an area making it invisible to most eyes, hide in-between space.
Blood: Lower body temperature, increase adrenaline, use blood to attack.
Illusions: Create phantom copies of user, create a fake area around an enemy, fool the five senses.
Nothingness: No advantage over other elements, no weakness over other elements.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 10:07:36 AM by SVT number 1 fan »

SVT number 1 fan

• Irregular/SVTer
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2012, 02:15:02 PM »

Does anyone know how to make an androgynous character? (The word means have both male a female characteristics, it also means the character can switch between a male and female form.)

SVT number 1 fan

• Irregular/SVTer
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2012, 01:50:03 PM »

Here's a tip I've seen from some media I've encountered.

During the course of a series, the heroes are usually fighting an antagonist, but sometimes after they defeat the enemy they believe to be main antagonist, they soon encounter an even more powerful antagonist who has been the driving force of the series. (Like during Digimon Adventure 1, where the said villain is Apocalymon.) Such antagonist are usually considered the real main antagonist of that series even during cases where they show up near the end without any knowledge before hand of said antagonist.

So sometimes you can get a good plot twist by making the main villain become just a lackey in the end.

TheMobian

• Regular
  • Fritzy :)
    • My Youtube
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2012, 04:15:03 PM »

Here's a tip I've seen from some media I've encountered.

During the course of a series, the heroes are usually fighting an antagonist, but sometimes after they defeat the enemy they believe to be main antagonist, they soon encounter an even more powerful antagonist who has been the driving force of the series. (Like during Digimon Adventure 1, where the said villain is Apocalymon.) Such antagonist are usually considered the real main antagonist of that series even during cases where they show up near the end without any knowledge before hand of said antagonist.

So sometimes you can get a good plot twist by making the main villain become just a lackey in the end.
I did that in a series of Novels I wrote from 2007 to 2010. All the people who read it (my family and a bunch of friends from school) said it was an awesome plot twist.

SVT number 1 fan

• Irregular/SVTer
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2012, 05:21:40 PM »

Then let me give you a little secret. This will happen during one point of my series, Rays of Hope, and this is just one part of that twist.

TheMobian

• Regular
    • My Youtube
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2012, 04:17:35 PM »

ooooooo, delicious spoilers  ;D

SVT number 1 fan

• Irregular/SVTer
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2012, 04:44:31 PM »

No, a spoiler is something that gives away a huge part of the plot unknown to those that haven't seen in. Besides, I never said which villain it was, an there's about a few dozen in my series.

TheMobian

• Regular
    • My Youtube
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2013, 05:52:24 PM »

No, a spoiler is something that gives away a huge part of the plot unknown to those that haven't seen in. Besides, I never said which villain it was, an there's about a few dozen in my series.
oooo, Sneaky sneaky sneaky SVT :P

Speaking of your rays of hope series, hows your rewrite coming along? I heard you got some praise from a professional writer, and I must say thats pretty impressive :)
What are you planning to rewrite about the older chapters? And do you plan on making more chapters soon, or are you going to wait until the older chapters are finished?

SVT number 1 fan

• Irregular/SVTer
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2013, 07:36:29 PM »

oooo, Sneaky sneaky sneaky SVT :P

Speaking of your rays of hope series, hows your rewrite coming along? I heard you got some praise from a professional writer, and I must say that's pretty impressive :)
What are you planning to rewrite about the older chapters? And do you plan on making more chapters soon, or are you going to wait until the older chapters are finished?

Well for the old chapters, I'm afraid I won't be continuing them, but the new chapters are basically refreshed versions of them to implement the tips and ideas I got from the critique. And I'm also not sure he was a professional writer exactly as the event at my school had people from a college showing the seniors careers for those who haven't decided or want to learn more about what they chose. But there's a chance the guy who critiqued Rays of Hope might have not actually been a student at the college. That will be a question I'll most likely never see the answer to.

As for the rewrites... well I ain't giving any spoilers there, you're only clue will be look at the previous prologue chapter incarnations of Rays of Hope compared to this one.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up