SonicVerse Team

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2012 London Summer Olympics  (Read 3550 times)

TheMobian

• Regular
  • Fritzy :)
    • My Youtube
2012 London Summer Olympics
« on: August 08, 2012, 05:31:49 PM »

I don't watch a ton of it myself (I'm more of a winter olympics kinda guy) but I still peak in to see how the Canadians are fairing every once in a while.
So far we've done quite average (I think we've won a gold, a silver, and a bunch of bronze), but what about you guys and gals? How are you're countries fairing in the Olympics?

This is a Topic about anything and everything Olympics, so have at it ;D

kamazoth

Re: 2012 London Summer Olympics
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 05:42:03 PM »

I have not tuned in as much as I wish I would. Mostly I look at gymnastics, archery, some bmx and tae kwan do. This year I promised myself that I would follow women's volleyball because I happen to know one of the girls participating this year.

But really...I've been lazy about it. D: I don't think I've really watched or paid attention to a single event...

Oh, and soccer/football, I forgot about that one. DDDD:
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 06:02:38 PM by kamazoth »

TheMobian

• Regular
    • My Youtube
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 06:10:19 PM »

lol, I'm afraid I'm very much the same. I really only ever watch the events that Canada has a major roll in, and even then its really only been volleyball, rowing, that thing where they throw the heavy ball, and womens soccer.

Again, I'm more of a winter olympics guy. I take pride in the fact that I can watch every singe event, and at the same time watch Canada win a medal (most often gold) in each of them :D
When it comes to the summer olympics however, its a lot more of a long-shot for Canadians to win...

TheMobian

• Regular
    • My Youtube
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 04:26:53 PM »

So the Olympics wrapped up not to long ago, anyone have any thoughts on the events?

I thought Canada did pretty goo this year, the silver metal in rowing was a stunning finish, and I believe we got a couple golds, so a job well done I say.
Pages: [1]   Go Up