SegaSonic Station/SVT Comics > The Chili Dog Stand (General Discussion)

The Introduce Yourself Thread.

<< < (2/15) > >>

SVT number 1 fan:
Hello, I'm SVT number 1 fan, I've visited this site for a few years, I became intrested as I looked around. I even joined as an author before I became SVT number 1 fan, but I don't remember who I once was, I then found out Sonic was an actual video game series and left the site for a while, but when I came back three years ago, I found out what happened in the Fanfiction section which was why I never found out what author I originally was. During my time I've made some series, my first was Mirage of the Mirrors, which never actually got past the prologue. Then I made my next series which started of as Time Squad, it then kept evolving until it became my first official series: the Sonic Chronicles, but when the game Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood came out, I started changing the name, it eventually became the Elemental Heroes, which is followed up by the Future Heroes and followed by the Advance Heroes. As I was here, many things dropped the number of people at our site. This drove me to work harder.

To try and get more people to come see the site, I made as many stories as I could, and that lead to me making over 200 stories, I was hoping if more stories were on the site it woul give people more to attract them here. I even joined the fanart section to show how some things looked in my series.

Like in life I had some rough starts on the site, when I met Gale Fox, we had a rocky start, especially since he used one of my old fan characters without permission, but eventually we became friends. He even helped me with some ideas and I let his character Astro star in my series. I also gave him tips I've learned to help him make his stories.

I've also had to say goodbye to some authors like Sharra and TUL Angel, and some of the great authors like Slane, Devlin Ledge, Ace the Hedgehog, either don't come anymore or are rarely here. So I've tried to keep the site alive, even though I might of had to do it alone, but I know others are still here to help hold the fort.

Once the forum came up, since I used to work at Gale Fox's forum as an admin, I knew I should take a look around. So that's how I ended up here.

Spook:
Evening, my name is Spook as all the wise can tell  ;) Visited SVT for the first time in the summer of 2004 as I bum Sonic and I bum comics. Seemed natural. So sinse then I've always been checking back every now and then to see if this site is actually doing anything... and to my surprise it now is. I'm excited.

So yes that's me, I'll leave the rest of my epic e-life story for another time as it's currently 2:53 in the country I'm from.... hope that doesn't give away too many clues.  :P

nuckles87:
Wow, so SVT is really back....sorta, eh? Took you guys long enough.  :D

My names next to the post. I'm second in command over at an off shoot of SVT, emeraldcoastcomics.com. We jumped ship from you guys a bit before you more or less died. ;D I act as editor of the websites entire current comic selection, though my involvement and quality control varies from title to title.

I also work as a news writer over at Sonic Stadium, and I'm looking for some GOOD comics in the fan community to highlight, so rest assured if you guys come up with anything good, you'll get a post over at the Stadium. I'm also a super mod at sega.com, but my duties at TSS and ECC have taken precendent lately.

Zonic Mirage:
  Back in 1999, when I was a teenager and had AOL, I searched for Sonic information. I think it was about Sonic Adventure, since this was right before the Dreamcast was being released in the States. I ended up at The Sonic Foundation (tSf) where I joined the chat room connected to it. I role played there, but as a heavily modified Tails and many other official characters (in an RP, you have to be in-character with an official character. I didn't do it right). This chat is where I met Solar and many other friends.

I ended up a founding member of SVT, which came out of the Sonic Foundation chat room... as we were all RP nerds XD. I had made friends with Sonic Adventurer before then, and I joined SonicVerse when it was still part of his old Sonic fan site hosted at Angelfire. I did this under the pretense of being a comic artist, but my scanner broke. I ended up being the code monkey, fixing errors to the site in later iterations.

I and Solar maintain our own sites on theirregulars.net. These including the general fan site, SegaSonic Station, the Sonic TI game project, and Legion of CHAOS, a dead RP site connected to the tSf chat, but we're retooling it for another project. I'm also working on a comic project involving elements from fandoms I'm in and original stories that came from tSf RP's from back in the day.

legendary emerald:
My name is Legendary Emerald, though back when I used to frequent this site, it was just Emerald.

I got into Sonic because of Sonic Adventure, though I had played Sonic 1-3 on the genesis quite a bit growing up. Even then, I wouldn't call myself a true Sonic fan until one fateful day when an upperclassman came onto the school bus with a printed out fanfiction in hand. My life was never the same. Not only was I now completely obsessed with Sonic games, music, and fanfiction, but I was honing my own writing abilities and produces things for the first time in my life. Things of WORTH is debatable, of course; I was only twelve or thirteen at the time this all started. Heck, I even entered one of the comic contests here. I was very upset that I didn't get at least Second place for sprite comic, considering what had won wasn't even close to being entertaining.

I found Sonic Verse team around the same time I was discovering every Sonic site. I remember seeing it before it changed to the current layout even, but it switched over within a few months of my visit. You can probably still find my hyper-terrible art in the art section, but I think all my Oekaki work has been lost to time. I spent hours on the Oekaki here, and it's how I got to meet so many great people. This was my social center on the internet for the longest time. And I haven't even mentioned the comics yet.

Other-M... Chaos Diamonds 3... Collision Chaos... Tete-a-Tete... all wonderful. I've been searching the past year in vain for Other-M, and even this site no longer has it. However, thanks to a megaupload link available on this forum, I've finally acquired it after searching so long. I don't think any Sonic comic will ever compare to it... not even Ian's Archie comics. And might I point out, I am an ardent hater of what the Archie comics have become. I haven't read an issue since the Titan Tails debackle, and Dan Drazen's reviews of the later issues show me that I am not missing anything at all.

I've always hoped that one day this site might return to its prime. Maybe that day will come soon. However, I can't honestly say that I'll be holding my breath.  :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version