SonicVerse Team

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Site broke, then fixed! ...again!  (Read 6802 times)

SolarT

• Admin
Site broke, then fixed! ...again!
« on: January 26, 2019, 01:49:11 AM »

A lot of little fixes here and there, as well as more to come.
- I've fixed the forums, so it's not hit and miss logging in anymore. It should work every time.
- Prep work to update the site's coding to handle PHP 7.2, as 5.6 is no longer supported
- Some UI fixes, and updates. Larger fonts, some shuffling around of items on the main page, ect..
- Removed a lot of redundant links and broken affiliate links. I hunted down a few sites who are still up, but with different URLs and removed the ones I could find no trace of.
- Condenses Staff and Credits page into one, because.. c'mon! Same thing!
- Removed the Hosted Sites links. These sites are beyond broken and long abandoned. But fear not, for as they were a part of SVT, I will convert their comics to our normal layout, so they're not lost. Their regular art, I will put up as well, but I need to figure out what I'm doing with Coppermine first.
- Fixed the site's contact e-mail. svt@theirregulars.net is functional again and I promise to check it! ...more than once a year! I actually linked it with my personal e-mail now that it's working, so I'll always get notifications if there's any mail. Naturally, you can also PM me on the forums as well if you have comments or questions.

Still to do:
- Fix the art board. Coppermine is garbage. Nuff said
- Fix the UI for the Fanfictions. It's ancient and was designed for lower res days, so is very cramped. And dark, but all the light themes are even more broke! lol.
- Possibly replace the news feeder on the main page, or go back to old fashioned tables. Utopia News Pro is garbage and doesn't work under the new PHP version
- Repair or replace the randomized Comic list on the main page. It's old and incompatible with PHP 7.2. Should be fixable though.
- Re-do the affiliate and comic posting forms. They're ancient and likely haven't worked in years. Actually forgot they were there all this time, lol

If anything seems glitchy or broken that I haven't already mentioned I'm working on, please, let me know. I may not have the time or resources to do SVT justice, but as long as I'm here, I want to at least maintain and keep it functional.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 01:54:29 AM by SolarT »
They called me crazy.. They called me insane! THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! ..and boy were they right.

SolarT

• Admin
Re: Site broke, then fixed! ...again!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 08:41:51 PM »

- Fixed forum registration. Couldn't figure out why it was broken, but a reinstall of the board scripts and templates fixed that!
- Restructuring the comics section some so each comic uses the site's template instead of remnants of older site designs or partially broken sub-sites
They called me crazy.. They called me insane! THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! ..and boy were they right.

SolarT

• Admin
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 10:55:23 PM »

- Redid several Fan Submission comics to utilize the current site theme and coding.
- Fixed a few broken links and even managed to restore the corrupted page 12 of May Shing's "Live and Learn" comic.
- Still more repairs coming. I'm mostly focusing on the rest of the comics first, before moving onto other sections. I do what I can when I have free time!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 03:02:10 PM by SolarT »

SolarT

• Admin
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2023, 07:01:16 AM »

PHP 7.4 is no longer supported, and as such, I need to update the site to PHP 8.

As such, some older scripts are currently broken. I'm updating what I can, but other scripts, like the Fan Fiction page, may take time and I may have to update it manually. As in, see if I can re-code it myself. eFiiction hasn't been updated since 2017. As such, it don't like PHP 8. Their site claims as of November, that they're working on an update, but I'm not sure how long that will take. I'll do my best and keep you and the site updated.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2023, 08:54:58 AM by SolarT »

Seacat17

• A raccoon that likes cookies.
    • S17_HELL
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2023, 11:47:58 AM »

Does it mean it won't be browsable using old tech anymore?...
Social networks are for the weak.

SolarT

• Admin
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2023, 08:39:39 AM »

It means right now, Fanfics are completely down until eFiction can be fixed/upgraded, and Art sections are loaded with random errors, but mostly work.

Eventually I'll get it all back up and running smoothly

Seacat17

• S17_HELL
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2023, 04:29:32 PM »

Well, at least it's alive now.

TheMobian

• Regular
  • Fritzy :)
    • My Youtube
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2023, 11:09:02 PM »

It means right now, Fanfics are completely down until eFiction can be fixed/upgraded, and Art sections are loaded with random errors, but mostly work.

Eventually I'll get it all back up and running smoothly

We respect your effort in keeping this place alive :)

SolarT

• Admin
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2023, 08:42:01 PM »

Thank you. I don't make much progress since my php coding abilities are limited, but I'm stubborn enough to keep trying. lol

Seacat17

• S17_HELL
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2023, 02:22:21 PM »

Thank you. I don't make much progress since my php coding abilities are limited, but I'm stubborn enough to keep trying. lol
I love people like you. You guys are the ones who are keeping the internet alive.

TheMobian

• Regular
  • Fritzy :)
    • My Youtube
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2024, 09:32:52 AM »

I love people like you. You guys are the ones who are keeping the internet alive.
The real ones :)

Seacat17

• S17_HELL
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2024, 04:21:18 PM »

The real ones :)
The web dies, and forums must redeem themselves.
Pages: [1]   Go Up