SonicVerse Team

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How much of a Sonic fan are you?  (Read 4228 times)

SVT number 1 fan

• Irregular/SVTer
  • Champion Writer/Artist hoping to make a Harry P. =
How much of a Sonic fan are you?
« on: June 10, 2012, 10:53:14 PM »

This is a friendly poll I made to see how everyone sees Sonic games.

You are free to add a comment to your vote if you want to explain your choice in more detail, like if there's a certain game you want to talk about.
Twilight and Darklight: opposing but equal opposites can always work together if you have the power to make it happen.

TheMobian

• Regular
  • Fritzy :)
    • My Youtube
Re: How much of a Sonic fan are you?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 10:58:33 AM »

I try to find the good in all the sonic games. Some of them where tough to play due to bad controls (Secret Rings), some glitches (Sonic 06), and bad writing (Colors/Generations), but among all the mistakes that are doubtlessly in many of the games, there is always something for me to enjoy in each and every sonic game! I always learn to look past what is bad, and find all that is good in every game:)

SO yeah, If I had to answer the poll one way or another, I would say there are no sonic games I dislike, I enjoy playing them all 8)

SolarT

• Admin
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 03:43:41 PM »

I like to think I'm an overall fan of the franchise. I've been playing since 1991, when I rented Sonic the Hedgehog for Sega Genesis (model 1, woo!), from Lancaster Video. The first game I owned was Sonic 2, I got in Christmas of 1992 from my grandmother. Christmas 1993 was when I got my first Sonic plushie *still has it*

My favorite games are thew classics. Although I loved Sonic Adventure, and enjoyed Sonic Adventure 2 a lot. After that, a lot of the titles, I had trouble playing. Sonic 06, I can't even really get anywhere because it's unplayable unless you luck out on the glitches.

I have to admit though, I loved Sonic Generations
They called me crazy.. They called me insane! THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! ..and boy were they right.

TheMobian

• Regular
  • Fritzy :)
    • My Youtube
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 09:58:43 AM »

About Sonic 06, One of the moderators on Bumbleking pretty much summed it up like this:

"From what I can tell, Sonic 06 is like having a moist, delicious chocolate cupcake on your plate, and then having a 10 pound bag of salt dumped on top of it. The cupcake is still there-- somewhere-- and most of what's there is still good, but man, what you'd have to deal with to get to that..."

This is pretty much how I feel about the game. Most of the hate it gets I can understand, but if your a true blue sonic fan, then theres still something in there to enjoy.

SVT number 1 fan

• Irregular/SVTer
  • Champion Writer/Artist hoping to make a Harry P. =
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 08:08:28 PM »

About Sonic 06, One of the moderators on Bumbleking pretty much summed it up like this:

"From what I can tell, Sonic 06 is like having a moist, delicious chocolate cupcake on your plate, and then having a 10 pound bag of salt dumped on top of it. The cupcake is still there-- somewhere-- and most of what's there is still good, but man, what you'd have to deal with to get to that..."

This is pretty much how I feel about the game. Most of the hate it gets I can understand, but if your a true blue sonic fan, then theres still something in there to enjoy.

That's what I am, you see Sonic was the first game I ever played so he's been my favorite ever since, Sonic 06 in my eyes was the best game partly due to that, I just wish they'd use the graphics in that game in other games, it makes it look like the game is real, and if you'd combined that with 3d effects, it would be awesome! I will say that I feel Sonic 06 was rushed to meet the 15th anniversary deadline, but the game was still so awesome to me to make it my favorite. This is why I prefer Sonic games over Mario ones, I feel Sonic games always add a new variety to the playing experience in each game, Mario to me just seems the same in every game so I never grew on him, it could also be because I started playing Sonic when I was only 6, I didn't play my first Mario game until I was twice as old. Sonic has been the reason I've gotten in life to where I am know, so he always is number one to me. (I have a whole storing chair in my room full of games, half of them are Sonic games or games at least including Sonic or his friends as playable characters.)
Twilight and Darklight: opposing but equal opposites can always work together if you have the power to make it happen.
Pages: [1]   Go Up