SonicVerse Team

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Boards up and running!  (Read 25623 times)

SolarT

• Admin
Boards up and running!
« on: December 28, 2009, 01:46:41 AM »

Welcome to the new SVT Forum. A little bare at the moment, but functional.
A shame they had to be down for so very long, but at least I was able to get some new ones back up and running. And trust me, it wasn't easy, lol.

That said, allow me to introduce myself. SolarTails at your service, but most call me SolarT or Solar for short. I can be contacted via PM on the forum. I'll be working alongside SA Tails to get SVT restored to it's former glory.

I've been a fan of Sonic for years, and plan to be for many more. Recent Sonic games have been a large dissapointment to me, so I mostly focus on Sonic up to around Sonic Adventure 1 and 2.
They called me crazy.. They called me insane! THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! ..and boy were they right.

Zonic Mirage

• Admin
  • ズイ ₍₍(ง˘ω˘)ว⁾⁾ ズイ
Re: Boards up and running!
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 02:58:00 AM »

Let me (re?)introduce myself. I'm SA Tails and I was a founding member of SVT.

Started way back in March of 1999 by Jason "Sonic Adventurer" Torres, SonicVerse Team began as a sub-section of Sonic Adventurer's Lair. Since then, even when Jason stepped down as head admin, SVT has grown and has been host to such projects as Ian Flynn's Other M, Marie Lu's (unfortunately short lived) Sonic Epilogue and Darkspeeds' Sonic Adventure 2 and Tails Away comics. We prided ourselves on providing excellent comics based on the Blue Blur and his friends.

Unfortunately, the Sonic franchise and the fandom as a whole have changed as the older fans have moved on. Quality of the games in the minds of many have deteriorated past the point of saving. Many older fans have become disillusioned by the so-called "modern" games and have become jaded and cynical. This is one reason why this website has lost its way and fallen into disrepair. Many misfortunes regarding people maintaining the site are another huge reason.

Another problem was hosting. SVT has jumped a LOT of times, from server to server. This site has gone down many times as a consequence. Reasons for this run the gamut from lack of features and outgrowing our host, to our host being hacked and our host having to shut down for financial reasons.

This is where my friend Solar and I come in. I have recruited him to help me with getting this place back into shape and updating again with new content! I hope to make this site great once again.

Through all this downtime, we've lost a lot of traffic. We will do our best to reignite the spark that SVT once had. Please wish us luck.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 03:06:50 AM by SA Tails »

ShadowDaHedgehog

• OBJECTION
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 08:46:42 AM »

I'd like to help re-spark SVT, it's what got me drawing as successfully as I do now. I was quite disappointed just today to log into the art section to find no one had even uploaded anything since November, quite a shock! I remember back when it was in full bloom, you had people posting every few hours...
It's a shame to see it so empty.
I like Orange.

Gale Fox

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 11:38:01 AM »

Let me introduce myself. I'm loyal member of SVT, one of the hundreds of thousands of souls who would visit the website almost weekly-- maybe even daily-- to check up on the Art and Fanfiction sections.

I'm the author of "The World According to SVT", both the original and the sequel. I was once known as the vicious "Flare", among other names through my fanfiction phases (the most prominent being Ace Fujiwara and Kazuki Fujiwara). I've been through craploads of trouble bashing someone's FC, like I would care now. and loads of criticism, but I've made it to Demi-Stardom, coming from just a young child with a liking for writing to an accomplished fanfiction writer in the last two years...

I am...

Gale Fox Quezzie.

But, enough about myself. SVT for me was my savior. It helped me through my socially awkward-ness (which I still have, but I don't mind as much). But, unfortunately, as SA Tails said, the older fans have began to become Cynical and Jaded towards the new games, as well as Sega in general. (Shut up, the new Sonic games were fine. I found the Werehog as a trivial addition, but was a great addition nonetheless. Sonic '06, it was horrible purely because it was a Half-Finished game... literally. Sonic Heroes was near-flawless to me, even though it never did quite strike my fancy.) Although, 50 bucks former Sonic fans are piling up for Bayonetta. All jokes aside, I'd like to respark SVT, as I too have been through my own internet "Demise and Rise". Thus, I will work with what I have to ensure SVT will be the best Sonic website for years to come.

-GFQ

And yes, I'll be styling all my posts like that, so get ready, unless it's against the rules for me to do so.

Ron Prower

• SVT's Former President
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 09:22:09 AM »

Yeah I'm back too. =p

For those coming to the board knew and have no idea who I am, my name is Ron Prower former president of SVT for quite some time, since then I've moved on and am now just the CFO of the place paying the bills. SA_Tails and SolarT are now in chage of the website and will hopefully get things back up and running.

I'll still be around the forum every so often to help out and post something hopefully meaningful.

Oh and SA_Tails if you're wondering how I got the gold stars already, database access sure helps. XD

See ya round!

SolarT

• Admin
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, 04:09:41 PM »

Oh and SA_Tails if you're wondering how I got the gold stars already, database access sure helps. XD

I'm telling teacher you raided her desk! =P

(yes, I'm the king of horrible jokes!)
They called me crazy.. They called me insane! THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! ..and boy were they right.

Zonic Mirage

• Admin
  • ズイ ₍₍(ง˘ω˘)ว⁾⁾ ズイ
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2009, 07:38:00 PM »

Dude... I would have promoted you in a day.

Now this site is run completely by guys with (more or less) fox avatars. We're doomed. =P
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 07:58:59 PM by SA Tails »

Ron Prower

• SVT's Former President
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2010, 10:24:56 AM »

Now this site is run completely by guys with (more or less) fox avatars. We're doomed. =P

Process expedition. XD

Gale Fox

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2010, 01:03:24 PM »

I defy the latter statement. Otherwise, heck yeah, we're screwed more than a driver.

ShadowDaHedgehog

• OBJECTION
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2010, 03:09:36 PM »

Damn boys and their foxes, we need more women.
I like Orange.

SolarT

• Admin
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2010, 04:41:40 PM »

Don't you know? All women on the interwebz are men! =P

ShadowDaHedgehog

• OBJECTION
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2010, 05:03:13 PM »

Well I'm not sure how I forgot that one.
... My life is a lie!  :'(
I like Orange.

Gale Fox

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2010, 04:59:45 PM »

If you want your 4chan, Drammatica, and Lolbot back, give me CARSH. Now.

grox

• Irregular/SVTer
  • Quick Robin, to the RP Mobile!
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2010, 02:48:29 AM »

*Raises hand* I have a question.

Not to pester any one here, but, If it's okay, I would like to know if and when the RP section is going to be back up?

I mean, if that's okay to ask a question like that, I mean, I know your busy with rebuilding this place. I don't want to be a pain in the bunghole, it's just, I.....can't help it, I like to RP, especially here. This was actually the very first site that I actually RP'ed on. To tell you the honest truth that is.

So, if it's not too much trouble, I would like to know if and when the RP section is going to be up and running again, please and thank you.

SolarT

• Admin
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2010, 12:32:04 PM »

*Raises hand* I have a question.

Not to pester any one here, but, If it's okay, I would like to know if and when the RP section is going to be back up?

I mean, if that's okay to ask a question like that, I mean, I know your busy with rebuilding this place. I don't want to be a pain in the bunghole, it's just, I.....can't help it, I like to RP, especially here. This was actually the very first site that I actually RP'ed on. To tell you the honest truth that is.

So, if it's not too much trouble, I would like to know if and when the RP section is going to be up and running again, please and thank you.

I'll discuss it with Tails when I see him later on. He knew the boards better than I did, so an RP section never actually crossed my mind when I rebuilt them, lol
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up