SonicVerse Team

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Boards up and running!  (Read 25601 times)

Zonic Mirage

• Admin
  • ズイ ₍₍(ง˘ω˘)ว⁾⁾ ズイ
Re: Boards up and running!
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2012, 12:47:55 AM »

I'm rewriting the submission rules, but you can look at the current on this page. The form doesn't work, but rules are there. As for GotF, I plan to ask Evan if she could send me the newer stuff or if I can just pillage her DA for the pages.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 01:00:47 AM by SA Tails »

TheMobian

• Regular
  • Fritzy :)
    • My Youtube
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2012, 10:06:51 AM »

Thank you Tails! That will come in handy when I finally get around to actually drawing a sonic fan comic :P

TheMobian

• Regular
    • My Youtube
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2012, 02:02:09 PM »

Very sorry for double posting, though I think you'll all understand that its hard not to do when there are so few people active on a forum.
Anyways, I've got a question. What are your rules on necroposting? I notice that most of the topics in this forum are old and outdated, but there are still a few that could be brought back to life for the sake of some much needed conversation. Can anyone give me there thoughts on this?

Zonic Mirage

• Admin
  • ズイ ₍₍(ง˘ω˘)ว⁾⁾ ズイ
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2012, 01:59:19 PM »

My thinking is necro-posting would be annoying if this place were actually active. Alas, it's really dead. So, I'd say go for it.

TheMobian

• Regular
    • My Youtube
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2012, 01:02:16 PM »

Any new tidings of the quest to revive SonicVerse Team?
No real reason for asking, I'm just interested in what the administrators have been working on recently...

Zonic Mirage

• Admin
  • ズイ ₍₍(ง˘ω˘)ว⁾⁾ ズイ
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2012, 09:15:15 PM »

Figuring out upgrading our hosting plan. It'd give us the ability to do a one-click install of a Word Press, among other goodies. However it would mean giving up free hosting for SVT's domain. I'm probably going to transfer the domain to a domain provider I use so Solar doesn't have to worry about it.

TheMobian

• Regular
    • My Youtube
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2012, 09:01:20 PM »

Figuring out upgrading our hosting plan. It'd give us the ability to do a one-click install of a Word Press, among other goodies. However it would mean giving up free hosting for SVT's domain. I'm probably going to transfer the domain to a domain provider I use so Solar doesn't have to worry about it.
So this means that once you upgrade, you have to pay for hosting? harsh.
Also, will installing Word Press change the entire layout of the forum to a Word Press style forum? I've seen it happen before on other forums, and I've kinda gotten used to the layout of this one.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 09:03:09 PM by TheMobian »

SVT number 1 fan

• Irregular/SVTer
  • Champion Writer/Artist hoping to make a Harry P. =
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2012, 12:58:13 AM »

I don't even know how Word Press works. I mean it is on my laptop since I bought it, but I never use it.
Twilight and Darklight: opposing but equal opposites can always work together if you have the power to make it happen.

TheMobian

• Regular
    • My Youtube
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2012, 12:49:26 PM »

I don't even know how Word Press works. I mean it is on my laptop since I bought it, but I never use it.
I use Word Press on another forum I help out on. When we switched over from whatever program we were using before to using Word Press it automatically changed much of the layout of the site. Needless to say a lot of reorganizing needed to be done :-\

Zonic Mirage

• Admin
  • ズイ ₍₍(ง˘ω˘)ว⁾⁾ ズイ
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2012, 05:37:16 PM »

So this means that once you upgrade, you have to pay for hosting? harsh.
Also, will installing Word Press change the entire layout of the forum to a Word Press style forum? I've seen it happen before on other forums, and I've kinda gotten used to the layout of this one.
The current hosting plan offers two free domains, but upgrading would ironically downgrade that to one. I'd be fine with taking SVT's domain over and transferring it on my own host to help Solar out, because money is tight for him. Otherwise, the hosting plan would cost the same as it does now, but with extra goodies like one-click installing WP. As for the forum, we wouldn't do anything to it apart from move it up to the main domain. It would be something like community.theirregulars.net. As for layout, I want to make a new one to go with the one I make for the main site anyway. ¦D

We'd have to reorganize everything and put it all into WP (it's with any content management system, really). Solar fixed everything up from the server-side so we don't have as much crud to move around. I plan to make a new layout through Word Press.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 05:45:53 PM by SA Tails »

SVT number 1 fan

• Irregular/SVTer
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2012, 09:54:27 PM »

Quick question, would the Word Press layout take away the 20,000 character limit? I'm not sure if I've been to a forum that already uses it. (I think this is the only forum I'm at actually.)
Twilight and Darklight: opposing but equal opposites can always work together if you have the power to make it happen.

Zonic Mirage

• Admin
  • ズイ ₍₍(ง˘ω˘)ว⁾⁾ ズイ
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2012, 10:30:38 PM »

I can up the character limit just fine, though I think the current is pretty reasonable. o.o
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 10:32:28 PM by SA Tails »

SVT number 1 fan

• Irregular/SVTer
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2012, 10:42:26 PM »

I don't have a problen with the limit, I was just wondering if the Word Press Layout changed that.

Zonic Mirage

• Admin
  • ズイ ₍₍(ง˘ω˘)ว⁾⁾ ズイ
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2012, 02:59:46 PM »

We would still be using our current forum software. It's what I've been saying. =P
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 03:03:51 PM by SA Tails »

SVT number 1 fan

• Irregular/SVTer
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2012, 03:02:07 PM »

Okay.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up