SonicVerse Team

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SVT is still alive and getting a reboot (no April Fools here)  (Read 10530 times)

Zonic Mirage

• Admin
  • ズイ ₍₍(ง˘ω˘)ว⁾⁾ ズイ

SVT's creator Sonic Adventurer has returned and is working on an SVT project in conjunction with mine and Solar's. Just how it will work remains to be seen, however it will be using sonicverseteam.com address. Keep an eye out for it. Check his DA account for info. As for sonicverseteam.net, the current plans will move forward.

TheMobian

• Regular
  • Fritzy :)
    • My Youtube
Re: SVT is still alive and getting a reboot (no April Fools here)
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 10:11:52 PM »

AMAZING NEWS!!! ;D
And from the ashes of the old SonicVerse Team, a new SonicVerse Team shall arise, and it shall be glorious...

Just a quick question tho':
Will the "Irregulars Forum" also be getting a reboot of the same nature?

Again, I can't stress how happy I am to hear this news :) Now if you'll excuse me... *goes to read Sonic Adventurer's DeviantART...*

Zonic Mirage

• Admin
  • ズイ ₍₍(ง˘ω˘)ว⁾⁾ ズイ
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 12:03:36 PM »

The forum will be dumped in the context of SVT; more social networking will then be implemented. Don't worry though, as it'll then become part of SegaSonic Station. I've been planning to make it the home for The Irregulars domain, as opposed to a splash page. Station is going to be redone using the template I'm making for SVT.net.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 12:16:28 PM by SA Tails »

Trisha Aurora

• Princess Trisha Aurora
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 09:20:12 AM »

I'm up for helping making SVT what it once was ^_^ I don't believe that all Fansites are Dead just because of social media!
I know we can work together and make it AWESOME!.

TheMobian

• Regular
    • My Youtube
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 03:54:03 PM »

I'm up for helping making SVT what it once was ^_^ I don't believe that all Fansites are Dead just because of social media!
I know we can work together and make it AWESOME!.
HERE HERE!  ;D
Again, I cannot stress How happy I am to hear this news! Good luck on getting the site up and running! ;)

Zonic Mirage

• Admin
  • ズイ ₍₍(ง˘ω˘)ว⁾⁾ ズイ
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 10:47:19 AM »

I am deeply sorry for it becoming so dead slow again, guys. (’・ω・`)SA seemingly fell off the planet again and I haven't been able to get a hold of him for a long while (probably would help if I could remember his email, hurrhurr). I want to get this revamp done. Expect part of it to happen this week.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 10:53:33 AM by SA Tails »

TheMobian

• Regular
    • My Youtube
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2013, 12:32:51 PM »

I am deeply sorry for it becoming so dead slow again, guys. (’・ω・`)SA seemingly fell off the planet again and I haven't been able to get a hold of him for a long while (probably would help if I could remember his email, hurrhurr). I want to get this revamp done. Expect part of it to happen this week.
Cool Bean! I'll hold you to that promise ;P (lol, not really).
I look forward to seeing some action! :D

Zonic Mirage

• Admin
  • ズイ ₍₍(ง˘ω˘)ว⁾⁾ ズイ
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2013, 01:49:20 PM »

Yeah... Lost power for a day. Freak storm in my area that was like a low level tornado or something. Obviously can't hold up that promise, but I decided to install a blog over the current site. I'm going with Word Press, so I can also install Comic Press to allow people to set up comic sites.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 01:53:16 PM by SA Tails »

TheMobian

• Regular
    • My Youtube
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2013, 12:14:56 AM »

Yeah... Lost power for a day. Freak storm in my area that was like a low level tornado or something. Obviously can't hold up that promise, but I decided to install a blog over the current site. I'm going with Word Press, so I can also install Comic Press to allow people to set up comic sites.
Tis' fine, we're not rushing you :P

I'm actually learning to use comic press now (stupid coding...) so I know its a good program. Although this does beg the question:
You say that your going to allow people to set up actual comic websites.... does that mean the new SVT is going to be one big server for people to set up and link to their sonic fan comics? Each one will have its own site, all linked to the main SVT Hub?
Because if that is the case... then I just gotta say that would be a brilliant idea =D

Zonic Mirage

• Admin
  • ズイ ₍₍(ง˘ω˘)ว⁾⁾ ズイ
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2013, 05:18:49 PM »

Well, people wouldn't be able to customize a theme or anything; it'd be a unified site theme. For the sake of security, no FTP rights would be given and people would upload their work using a form and link it to a directory.

I am planning to rent a dedicated server soon and I found a company that offers a 2terabyte HDD. Some basic hosting could be offered.

TheMobian

• Regular
    • My Youtube
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2013, 02:58:34 AM »

Cool! Can't wait to see it all in action! :D

But now I have another question... Since it seems SVT has fallen of most Sonic fans' maps since the late 90's and early 00's, what is the plan of attack in getting the name of SonicVerse Team back out on the radar of sonic fan comic makers & readers? :3

grox

• Irregular/SVTer
  • Quick Robin, to the RP Mobile!
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2013, 06:10:18 AM »

Mobian does point out a good question, I too would like to know your plans for the offensive manuvers we shall take against our foes on the internet?

Zonic Mirage

• Admin
  • ズイ ₍₍(ง˘ω˘)ว⁾⁾ ズイ
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2013, 10:15:35 AM »

Rebuilding SVT (for that matter, our server's main site and SVT's sister site, SegaSonic Station) into a modern site is much more of a priority than promotion at the moment. One big idea I have is making a Facebook page. They're very effective in spreading the word.
Pages: [1]   Go Up