SonicVerse Team

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Gale Fox's Crackheaded SonicVerse Team Revival Plan!  (Read 13772 times)

Gale Fox

• Regular
  • That generic guy who does nothing.
Gale Fox's Crackheaded SonicVerse Team Revival Plan!
« on: July 05, 2010, 09:24:31 PM »

Yeah, we know, SA Tails and the other Higher-ups, scratch that, all of us are in the game to bring SVT to its prosperous fanfiction-every-hour, weekly-manga-speed comic updates. Do to that, this plan has been marinating in my mind since about the other night: The SVT Revival Plan, making it public, that is. Below are some of the aspects of the revival plan I've thought of.

Aspect 1: Advertise!!!

Ladies and Gentlemen, isn't this all quite obvious? Advertise! On every forum you are in or every online community whereas this is allowed, especially those with at about 15+ people online an hour, leave the SVT link-box and a short description of the website like this...

Code: [Select]
[center][img]http://sonicverseteam.net/images/affiliates/link_svt_micro.jpg[/img]

[b]SonicVerse Team...[/b] Where your fancomics come to life![/center]

And that's a small spike in traffic, especially if you're a very openly social poster. Onto the next one!

Aspect 2: Be Active!

Now, isn't this obvious, also? Come everyday, even if you're not posting/writing/uploading a photo/participating in Oekaki; It helps in keeping you informed and allows you to stay up-to-date, check for more activity to see if you need to step your advertising. If you can post and/or whatever else, good, you're adding more content to the website, creating a more elaborate guest browsing session and maybe even attracting more attention and members!

Aspect 3: Communicate/Be Friendly!

Stay in touch with members! Y'know, some people totally forget about their membership! Also, some people don't quite know what RSS Feeds are, and I'm assured at least the tiniest portion of this group are fans of someone's fanfiction on here. And I know from previous experience called forum fail that someone here has an AOL e-Mail address. AIM, Windows Live, ICQ, Facebook, MySpace, Yahoo? Dude, that's a lot of ways to keep in touch!

Aspect 4: CKY: Camp Kill Yourself Cool and Kind, Y'know?

Ragequitters. I'm dead serious, Rage-freaking-quitters. Be nice to your fellow SVT Members. Some people (I'm not quite sure; Maybe newbies or touchy people) will seriously be turned away from this website due to rudeness or disrespect. We all know it's the internet and stuffs, but people, we're talking to other people; We're all human.

Aspect 5: HARDEN THE F**K UP!!

Grox, stop laughing... Anyways, yeah, this title is a reference to Grox's proclamation of this being SVT's slogan. Have site pride, don't post here just because of the people or just because the front page/forums/fanfiction looks good, you gotta have SVT pride, gotta love most everything about here, be it past, present, or future.

And yeah... That's all I've thought of currently; Feel free to contribute to the plans.

-GFQ

Yeah, stack of userbars.

grox

• Irregular/SVTer
  • Quick Robin, to the RP Mobile!
Re: Gale Fox's Crackheaded SonicVerse Team Revival Plan!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 04:49:26 AM »

*Continues to laugh* I will not stop laughing, good plan, need air. Bye. *Continues to laugh even harder, seeing as his suggestion had been taken to heart.*

SVT number 1 fan

• Irregular/SVTer
  • Champion Writer/Artist hoping to make a Harry P. =
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 11:52:26 AM »

I've been trying to restore this site, now I know I've got backup and new ways to do it.
Twilight and Darklight: opposing but equal opposites can always work together if you have the power to make it happen.

Gale Fox

• Regular
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 02:15:46 PM »

I've been trying to restore this site, now I know I've got backup and new ways to do it.

Remember SVT #1 and Grox, you gotta come back to the Fanfiction Section!!!

...Speaking of which, I just noticed something about that... We're all fanfiction authors and Illeana's an artist. Shun the non-writer?

Yeah, stack of userbars.

Zonic Mirage

• Admin
  • ズイ ₍₍(ง˘ω˘)ว⁾⁾ ズイ
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 03:37:09 PM »

That's a good plan, though I want to concentrate on rebuilding the site first.

• Pester ask Sonic Adventurer for the sonicverseteam.com domain and transfer data to it
  • Install a content management system, whatever the hell it may be
  • With it, build a new layout with all the bells and whistles that Sonic Stadium has... yes, I am aspiring to make SVT the TSS of comics
  • Comic management that is attached to the CMS
  • Reinstall or install a different kind of fan fiction, also replace the Coppermine Gallery with something less prone to bots, again, perhaps they can be attached to the CMS
  • Install updated Oekaki

I would like to do all that before attempting to attract people here. If you guys wanna try, go ahead. I won't object to it. Maybe try getting old forumers to come back and actually post?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 03:45:21 PM by SA Tails »

grox

• Irregular/SVTer
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, 11:46:06 PM »

Been trying, working at it though. AND, I WILL CONTINUE TO WORK TOWARDS THE REPOPULATION OF SVT!

BUT, until then, Anybody else got any ideas to add to this?

*Thank you for adding what needs to be done SA Tails, At least now we know what the hell the 'Technical Staff' has to do.*

Tailsthehedgehog

• Fan
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 09:19:12 AM »

Well, I know I posted a link to my own stories on Camp Sonic, so I guess I'm already in on the plan!  ;D

Tailsthehedgehog

• Fan
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2010, 09:21:15 AM »

Actaully - if I could my own bit forwards. AS funny as it is I really don't think that should be this site's slogan. This being a Sonic site, Sonic having children fans. If you want this site to be revived you can't be scaring off or alienating half the users.

Gale Fox

• Regular
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2010, 10:51:42 AM »

Actaully - if I could my own bit forwards. AS funny as it is I really don't think that should be this site's slogan. This being a Sonic site, Sonic having children fans. If you want this site to be revived you can't be scaring off or alienating half the users.

Actually... It really isn't our slogan, much to Grox's chagrin, much rather a joke; And considering the children factor, It's not a big deal in my point of view, considering that I am the youngest member here.

-GFQ

Yeah, stack of userbars.

Tailsthehedgehog

• Fan
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2010, 10:54:36 AM »

I don't know how young you actaully are, but in mental age I've got everyone beat for sure xD Sure, a joke sounds fair enough.

Gale Fox

• Regular
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2010, 11:01:58 AM »

Good, for nobody needs to know how old I am... And I believe ya. Now, it's time to do something... Random... Like... Um... Play PS3!

Yeah, stack of userbars.

Tailsthehedgehog

• Fan
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2010, 12:11:53 AM »

Or make some scrambled eggs... nom. ttfn

grox

• Irregular/SVTer
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2010, 04:12:15 AM »

I, hate to admit it, but your right, that really shouldn't be our slogan. So, anybody have any ideas for a site slogan?

Tailsthehedgehog

• Fan
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2010, 06:59:16 AM »

"Your SonicVerse!"? (but Archia already has 'it's your sonic universe!"
"Imagination at supersonic speeds!" ?
I think it needs to be a twist between a reader, that is, the user, and the SEGA Sonic universe. Such as the mock slogan above.
I'll post back when I've thought of more =)

Gale Fox

• Regular
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2010, 08:41:27 AM »

I honestly thought SVT's slogan was

"SonicVerse Team... Where your comics come to life!"

And the fanfics used to have some witty slogan until the first e-Fiction wipe. We need to stop being cheesy though. Do it Warren the Ape style: Make the site seem more mature/refined, showing its age (It's 11, right?) and users' ages alike (Considering, once again, how old the former members would be).

-GFQ

Yeah, stack of userbars.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up