SegaSonic Station/SVT Comics > Role Play Zone

Incandescent Boulevard

<< < (2/6) > >>

UltraSonic:
OOC: Per Mr. Fahrenheit/Fireball's request I'm joining using Ace Surv.  Species: Velociraptor, Occupation: Network/Computer programmer.  Former Occupation: Enhanced Infantry, he joined the military for a steady paycheck and health benefits, he's still a geek though.  Abilities: Based on the Spartan II's from the Halo franchise.  (Though he won't exhibit the immortality of S117) And he does have an A.I. Construct.  Strengths: Brute Force, and Intellect.  Weaknesses: Stealth, People Skills (Unless they too be geeks, in which case....)

IC:

Ready for some hardcore training Ace Surv former super soldier, now resigned from his positions (Though due to the nature and rarity of his augmentations he could be called back to active duty at any time) leans at the edge of a roof taking the last few breaths of fresh air before sealing his helmet when a scream is heard.  Ordinary such things don't phase him, he's heard them thousands of times before, but this one sends a chill down his spine, no easy feat.

"Looks like I'm in for more than training Alyx" Ace says to his A.I. before donning his helmet.  "Keep the shields off, we won't be needing them"

His suit seals, however vents open to keep fresh air going to an extent.  Though in case of emergency the suit can supply oxygen for up to 90 minutes.  He takes off at a sprint across the rooftop beginning his course as planned, he crosses the top of the roof, a distance of about 60 meters in just 4 seconds, however instead of vaulting to the roof of the next building as he'd planned on doing he jumps down heading feet first towards the ground.  A drop of approximately 120 feet

Shortly before impact Alyx comments on his form "Your angles off, tuck and roll!"

Having learned during combat not to question Alyx's judgment Ace does exactly as instructed leaving quite the mark in the concrete where he landed, however he is unharmed and continues towards the sound until he finds the once waitress now a putrid oozing mess of shadowy substance and he stops dead.

"Alyx, identify, what in the *swears* is that?"

"Scanning, whatever it is, it's not human, at least not anymore" she responds

This conversation taking place entirely inside his helmet and is inaudible to those surrounding him.

OOC EDIT: I can't believe I made an elementary grammar mistake.  Fixed now.

Nyteshade:
She giggles. The sound of the screams drifting up to her made a dark warm feeling akin to happiness well up inside her. She lets the shadows claim her, and steps through the darkness ending up on top of a street lamp above the 4 of them.

"Ahhh...! Now this one has some potential!" she murmurs from above, looking down at the pseudomass that the waitress has become.  "It only needs a bit of shaping to make it just so!" she exerts her will on her new slave and the humanoid body shifts, becoming farm more canine in shape. It looks like a large semi formless wolf when she's done. She releases it from her mental grasp with a laugh.

"Go play, Puppy!" she commands, and the beast bounds off, towards Ace.

UltraSonic:
Ace was almost caught off guard, any normal being, and even some of his type might have been taken by the beast in that moment.  As it was, he strafed to the left while coiling a punch.  He released it towards the right shoulder of the pseudobeast with a driving force of almost 200 newtons.

"Alyx! Comprehensive scan and sample on impact! and be ready to raise shields!" he stated as he released, still moving on reflex more than tactic, hoping to find an opportunity to assess the situation.

OOC: Real world outline of the attack in detail.  (Warning, some physics 201 may be present) The force of 200 Newtons is the amount of force it would take to accelerate a 200 Kilogram weight (About 450lbs) to 200 Meters per second per second.  (Roughly 625 fpsps).  He's hitting with slightly less force than being hit by a car.  Note, these speeds aren't difficult to generate but they are difficult to maintain (Inertia, and conservation of energy).  If he successfully makes contact, while the punch could potentially throw the beast a few feet, it will lose momentum just as quickly as it acquired it.  Also, if the beast weighs less than about 150 lbs it won't transfer the 200 newtons of force as well, you can't apply that much force to something that is moved so easily (Like punching a piece of paper hanging from a string or something.  It moves before all the force can be applied).  Now if we really want to get interesting we can take the angle of impact into account as well as how fast the "Puppy" is moving in relation to Ace's speed, as well as their opposing directions.  Sorry for making this post mostly OOC, but I wanted to be thorough in explaining what Ace is doing.

Fireball:
Fighting with freakish shadowy animals is not an uncommon practise for children in Lenny's homeworld, so seeing the shadowbeast charge at the armoured bystander, he barely tenses his gigantic muscles. He's also not sure how the waitress just became a strange creature, and hasn't figured out what's the appropriate response yet.

And despite his databanks containing multitudes of information, MACCA has no idea what kind of creature this is. He decides to do some searching on the internet. The avatar fades from the screen, and the floating monitor goes blank, as the programme transmits himself out into the world to learn more about what he's seeing. His camera "eyes" still record, so he'll know what's happening when he gets back.

So basically, both of them stop and stare as the beast is smashed in the shoulder.

Nyteshade:
The shadowy canine does something completely unexpected... It explodes into globules of shadowy liquid that splatter all over the wall and sidewalk. It then proceeds to slitheringly reform defying most laws of science and man.

"The funny thing about shadows I've found, at least scientifically speaking." she says from her perch on top of the lamp post, playing with a lock of crimson hair. "Is that it defies several known scientific laws on this plane and several others. It is an element unto itself. So brute force really isn't as effective as one would hope... You might want to try something else or you'll start to bore me, and you wouldn't want to bore me, now would you?"

She smiles darkly, almost sinisterly.

"When I'm bored I start making entertainment for myself, and that probably wouldn't end well for you."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version